Mintoris Forum

Author Topic: TakePhotoAuto crash?  (Read 2930 times)

Chuck

• Global Moderator
TakePhotoAuto crash?
« on: Feb 20, 2014, 01:00 AM »
Has anyone had a problem with the TakePhotoAuto command since you have upgraded to Basic 5.12.8?

robotMeiker

Re: TakePhotoAuto crash?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 23, 2015, 02:44 AM »
Hello Chuck, it's been a year since you posted this question, but it's still a valid question. I have tried the TakePhotoAuto command using the "Auto_Camera_Demo.bas", it worked fine with an old phone, an LG Optimus running an old version of Mintoris. But it does not work with several other Android phones, running version 6.2.7. I get this msg, "could not launch camera". The reason why I'm just getting into this, is so that my carpetWalkingBot can see.

As usual it's probably me, I must have missed a setting or two.

Thanks again in advance

Cesar

robotMeiker

« Reply #2 on: Feb 23, 2015, 07:13 PM »
After some trial and error testing, I was able to get the TakePhotoAuto command to work with an old version of Mintoris, Vers. 5.12.5, using the "Auto Camera Demo.bas". Before I was using Version 6.2.7, and it was not working with the "Auto Camera Demo.bas". The next thing to do next is of course try again with the latest Version of Mintoris.

Cesar

Chuck

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: Feb 23, 2015, 08:29 PM »
I just tested the TakePhotoAuto command on my test devices using Basic 6.6.1 and it worked perfectly. I did notice that there was a change to the TakePhotoAuto command parameters in version 5.12.5.

TakePhotoAuto filename${,flashmode, quality, photoDelay}

I would suggest trying Basic 6.6.1 and see if it works. If you still have problems, send an email to support@mintoris.com and we can hunt down the problem. (Android changes like shifting sand under my feet.)

-Chuck

Edit: you may be running out of memory. Try reducing the quality parameter to say 50 or lower.
« Last Edit: Feb 23, 2015, 09:05 PM by Chuck »

Chuck

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: Feb 26, 2015, 07:41 PM »
This problem was fixed in Basic 6.6.2. The problem was related to a change in Android Honeycomb. Please let me know if anyone has a problem with the TakePhotoAuto command after 6.6.2.

-Chuck
« Last Edit: Feb 26, 2015, 08:56 PM by Chuck »

Piotr41

« Reply #5 on: Aug 17, 2018, 09:38 AM »
I have a problem with the camera resolution. Pictures come without autofocus in 160x120 resolution.
Is it possible to change the resolution to 640x480 or other with level MBasic?

NancyAnese

TakePhotoAuto crash
« Reply #6 on: Oct 18, 2019, 09:01 AM »
I seen one yesterday at Tim Hortons and was amazed on how small these cars really are. This got me thinking on how it would do in a crash. Now I know.