Mintoris Forum

Author Topic: Space an asteroid mining game  (Read 4335 times)

Chuck

• Global Moderator
Space an asteroid mining game
« on: Aug 12, 2013, 11:25 PM »
For the past few months I have been working on my game Space. I've worked on this project on and off for quite a few years now.  I am trying to get it ready for release by the end of the year.  I've attached it below if you would like to try it and give me some feedback.  The game plays up to the point where the solar smelters receives ore.

Please look for the latest update to download the newest version.
« Last Edit: Sep 02, 2013, 03:31 AM by Chuck »

jclemens

Re: Space an asteroid mining game
« Reply #1 on: Aug 13, 2013, 01:07 PM »
It looks great, but I am afraid I am too stupid to figure out how to play. Do you have instructions?

Chuck

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: Aug 13, 2013, 03:45 PM »
I was wondering if the game could be played without instruction. I guess not.

Well to start the game, find a fairly empty section of the belt. Then press the green button and deploy the solar smelter.  Move away a bit, press the green button again and deploy one or more miners. They are the orange spheres. The miners will begin to capture asteroids and tow them into parking positions to be mined. The miners will protect the smelter somewhat.

That's about as far as the game goes atm.
« Last Edit: Aug 13, 2013, 06:27 PM by Chuck »

Chuck

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: Aug 13, 2013, 06:33 PM »
The game is meant to be a sort of sim city in space. The next step is to get the factory working so that new structure kits can be built and deployed. Miners to Smelter to Factory is the core of the game. The structure kits produced by the factory will allow you to build an entire industrial complex and later habitable structures.

In the beginning of the game you are avoiding and taming the asteroids. Currently the hit points on all the ships and structures are set fairly high for testing. I will probably lower them a bit so collisions will be more dangerous. The act of mining the asteroids brings some order to the belt and gives you a chance to build up an industrial base. At some point in the game your claim on the belt will be challenged by various antagonists. The factory will be able to produce countermeasures for each (if you have the technical blueprints).

I'm still thinking of end game scenarios. I'm considering selectable mission objectives.
« Last Edit: Aug 13, 2013, 06:52 PM by Chuck »

harold

• My Favorite Material Posession
    • MyElectronicArt
« Reply #4 on: Aug 15, 2013, 04:37 PM »
Hello Chuck, I downloaded the game to my tablet but couldn't find it so I downloaded it to my PC and copied it over, I'll check it out, Harold.

zorath

« Reply #5 on: Aug 21, 2013, 05:07 AM »
Well seeing as ive been playing with it for well over a year now, i can say its quite interesting, and quite unique game wasnt too hard to figure out once you play witg it enough

harold

• My Favorite Material Posession
    • MyElectronicArt
« Reply #6 on: Aug 23, 2013, 02:51 AM »
Hello zorath, I tried tapping the green button a coupla of times but couldn't figgure it out, Harold.

zakeryclarke

• I think therefore I am.
« Reply #7 on: Apr 27, 2014, 03:05 PM »
Is this written in mintoris basic?
<ZAK>

Chuck

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: Apr 27, 2014, 07:54 PM »
Is this written in mintoris basic?

No, this is a pure Java app.

EvelynDoobe

« Reply #9 on: Oct 20, 2019, 03:22 AM »
Hey Rog how many Space Quest games do you own now? And if you are still having problem how to get sprite right maybe I can help you with that. But I need to know wich sprite you need to have, ok pal.

EvelynDoobe

« Reply #10 on: Oct 23, 2019, 04:42 PM »
its the 15th.  In any hour you will witness SQFG in all of its greatness.  I just finished playing it and it is awesome  It should release some time before 8:00PM Eastern Time US.  I hope you love it

EvelynDoobe

« Reply #11 on: Oct 28, 2019, 11:31 PM »
Rather amusing information