Mintoris Forum

Author Topic: First Mintoris Basic App  (Read 4353 times)

Chuck

• Global Moderator
First Mintoris Basic App
« on: Feb 23, 2013, 09:00 PM »
I just released a new app called BigCalc. This app is based on the BigCalc.bas demo found in the programs->demos board on this forum. This is the first full app created using Mintoris Basic.

This app was created with the BasicRuntime included in the compile so it does not need the BasicRuntime.apk to run. Apps created in this way can only be compiled by Mintoris. If you have a Basic program that you wish made into a fully stand alone apk, email support@mintoris.com and for a small fee I will compile your program for you.

Soon a BasicRuntime app will be published which will allow you to create your own Basic apps that can be published on the market. This method needs to be fully developed and tested before I can release it. Apps created for use with the BasicRuntime.apk will check to see if BasicRuntime.apk is installed and prompt the user to install it if it is not. BasicRuntime.apk will be a free app and will be about 300k (very small).

BigCalc can be found on the Google Play Market if you search for Mintoris. I set the price at 99 cents so that it will be a full test of a paid app and to give people a way to contribute to Mintoris' application development efforts.

BTW, if anyone wants a free copy of BigCalc, just send an email to support@mintoris.com.
« Last Edit: Feb 23, 2013, 10:25 PM by Chuck »

harold

• My Favorite Material Posession
    • MyElectronicArt
Re: First Mintoris Basic App
« Reply #1 on: Feb 24, 2013, 04:10 AM »
Hello Chuck. I just bought BigCalc for my Lenovo tablet. looks good. Harold.

Chuck

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: Feb 24, 2013, 05:07 AM »
Thanks Harold, I saw that. You are my first customer. Cool, I just made 64 cents  :o

harold

• My Favorite Material Posession
    • MyElectronicArt
« Reply #3 on: Feb 24, 2013, 06:41 AM »
Hello Chuck, 10-4, maybe it will build up, Harold.

jclemens

« Reply #4 on: Feb 24, 2013, 01:59 PM »
I just bought a copy; it cost me 0.75 euros.

Chuck

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: Feb 24, 2013, 04:00 PM »
Cool, thanks. The nice thing about buying it is that you will get the updates automatically. I know BigCalc is a very simple app, but I intend on treating it the same as any other app I release. It is what it is, but I will refine it as needed. You guys have proved that Basic apps can be sold.

-Chuck

P.S. I just mentioned the 64 cents as a way of saying that Google takes about 35% of the sale.
« Last Edit: Feb 28, 2013, 03:37 AM by Chuck »