Mintoris Forum

Author Topic: Who are you?  (Read 40746 times)

jdi menya

Re: Who are you?
« Reply #40 on: Feb 25, 2013, 06:49 AM »
Hello‼ My name is Roman. I live in Kiev, Ukraine. Sorry for my not very good english.
I have never been a programmer and never learn any electronics or programming language. I work on a TV chanal in the tv programm called like my nick or in english its "wait for me". We are searching for people who lost.

Some time ago a friend asked me if i know  elektronics. I said, i dont know anything about that.
 On next day i was looking  in internet what electronics and progrsmming is.
I decided to learn something about microkontroller programming and computer programming. From the languages i choose BASIC.i wanted to do something electronic at home by myself and Its become my little hobby.
And ofcorse when i bought an andrroid phone i found this great program Mintoris Basic. Thank you for this beautiful program.
Iam not good at programming but i love my hobby and i want to learn it. I have my hobby just for one year and i dont have much time for it but i try to spend about an hour a day to learn Mintoris and one hour to learn microcontroller atmega and Bascom avr. My dream is to control something by android.
I wanted to do something by myself to control electronic thing by computer and i did a home cnc. Here is a small video:    http://m.inter.ua/ru/video/episode/faces_utro/2012/04/03/cholovichi_hobi       my project starts on second minute of video. I am seating there and not talking because i do not like to be an actor so i asced my friend to explain how i did it.

paradox69

« Reply #41 on: Feb 26, 2013, 03:46 PM »
Hello, I've joined this forum, so as I can get my hands on some
Programming tips and tricks, my gran bought me an amstrad cpc464 with a color screen when I was about 11 years old.
I was obsessed with writing programs . And now I'm 37 and the nostalgia I get from basic still makes me
Smile, I've had 10 spectrums which I broke with soldering iron additions. When I was 17 in the sixth form
I asked and ten students sold them to me, each one cost me a tenner.
The atari 800xl is one of my favorites, I failed a level physics but retain some
Knowledge it was down to the archimedes computers which the school had,
Back in 93, riscos was the best and the pc was dos and win 3.1, then from nowhere
Windows 95 sprung up and rivalled and took over, all I could get
Was qbasic, which sent me into a dark depression. But technology and nostalgia
For basic won and linux and android boosted me back into relief and
Happiness again, and now mintoris has iCode its gonna be fast and fun.
I can make impressing apps to show my mum again.
« Last Edit: Feb 26, 2013, 05:09 PM by paradox69 »

JoFRei2013

« Reply #42 on: Mar 05, 2013, 03:06 AM »
Hello, my name is Joachim F. Reimann. I'm living in Saarlouis, Germany. I'm interested in programming BASIC just for fun and always to activate my small grey cells.
Here in Germany its now 0400 am and I wish you all a good night and sleep well, because I am only working as a taxi driver during night hours.

brainvue

« Reply #43 on: Mar 06, 2013, 11:47 PM »
I did EEG frequency analysis in mice with an analog computer in the 50's, studied human circadian rhythms with IBM 360 in the 60's, Made some the first EEG brain maps with PDP-8 in the 70's,did SVD(singular value decomposition) of visual evoked potentials with C and windows in the 80's, programmed  visual basic for  automated neuropsych testing and Matlab for EDA (exploratory data analysis) of large data sets in the 90's, used ANN (artificial neural networks) for automatic detection of epileptic spikes in human EEG in the 00's and now am looking at methods to monitor human brain, heart and body activity with portable android devices,eg,Nexus 4.  Mintorus Basic looks great.  Things to look forward to are 1) a true compiler The byte compiler in v5.11 shows little increase in speed when reading accelerometer data, so far, (maybe it's not even working, though it does make the icode.) and 2) an active widget or shortcut or notification that would allow a program to run in the background and provide updates to the user whil other tasks are running.

And a question: I have been unable to discover a line continuation character in Mintoris basic.  Is there one?  If not the underline character  used by vbasic for years might vbe a good choice.

Chuck

• Global Moderator
« Reply #44 on: Mar 07, 2013, 06:12 PM »
Internally all programs have been compiled since version 5.9. That is when the speed increase was seen. The compile option introduced in version 5.11 simply saves the compiled iCode file so that it may be included in an apk to create a stand alone app. Currently only I can create these apk files for you. In the next upgrade everyone will have the ability to create stand alone apps using the Basic Runtime app.

There is no continuation character, all lines must be complete on a single line.

brainvue

« Reply #45 on: Mar 07, 2013, 07:00 PM »
many thanks for the clarifications‼

mjcoon

« Reply #46 on: Mar 13, 2013, 10:08 AM »
I began programming in the punch card days, first on a Univac 9400 and an RCA Specta 70, working for Harris County, TX.

I was pleased to see Barry's mention of punched cards and Univac, because that's how I started my first programming job in London, for Univac themselves, in 1969. I had already played with programming ICT 1300 and at college in Algol and machine code on an Elliot 803.

Since then I've been programming continuously in numerous languages. Perhaps one of note was called "SPURT" because afterwards I became an ex-SPURT programmer‼

So when I retired a few years ago I found I could not give up "cold turkey" and keep looking round for new (moderate level‼) challenges…

Mike.

jclemens

« Reply #47 on: Mar 13, 2013, 12:56 PM »
I began programming on IBM computers in 1962. You know, the ones where the punch card holes were rectangular.

mjcoon

« Reply #48 on: Mar 13, 2013, 11:35 PM »
I began programming on IBM computers in 1962. You know, the ones where the punch card holes were rectangular.

I'm sure someone used circular holes in cards but cannot remember who. I only ever used rectangular ones…

But round holes in paper tape‼

Mike.

jclemens

« Reply #49 on: Mar 14, 2013, 08:59 AM »
I'm sorry. I just thought of Univac computers with round hole card readers (possibly because of the cards that were used on the Massachusetts turnpike), but I looked up the history on the internet, which is more involved. Originally the Hollerith Company had round holes; when IBM took over from Hollerith, it introduced the rectangular holes in 1928. By the age of computers, there were 2 different card standards - the IBM 80 column with rectangular holes and the Remington Rand 90 column with round holes. When Remington Rand took over Univac in 1955, it naturally integrated it's own card readers and people thought of the 90 column round hole cards as "Univac cards". By 1962 the computer industry was becoming "IBM and the 7 dwarves", and Univac had different models supporting both types of cards.

sanyaade

« Reply #50 on: Mar 24, 2013, 11:00 AM »
I am Sanyaade. A lecturer/Developer and Programmer interested in Embedded Systems Development.

I will like to see or port mintoris to BeagleBoard and other ARM platforms.

I am based in London, UK

God blesses:P

Best regards,
Sanyaade

mjcoon

« Reply #51 on: Mar 24, 2013, 04:25 PM »
I am Sanyaade. A lecturer/Developer and Programmer interested in Embedded Systems Development.

I am based in London, UK

And yet the forum renders your "local time" as 09:20 whereas in London time it is definitely 16:20.

I wish I understood this forum's idea of time‼

Mike.

Chuck

• Global Moderator
« Reply #52 on: Mar 24, 2013, 05:30 PM »

And yet the forum renders your "local time" as 09:20 whereas in London time it is definitely 16:20.

I wish I understood this forum's idea of time‼

Mike.

The timestamp on messages is supposed to be in the viewer's local time. If your time is not correct go to profile->Look and Layout Preferences and press (auto detect) next to the time offset.

mjcoon

« Reply #53 on: Mar 24, 2013, 07:39 PM »
The timestamp on messages is supposed to be in the viewer's local time. If your time is not correct go to profile->Look and Layout Preferences and press (auto detect) next to the time offset.

Thanks, Chuck, that works for me, at least until we get to daylight saving…

Mike.

JimCalifornia

« Reply #54 on: Apr 23, 2013, 06:41 PM »
Hi, I'm Jim (you may have guessed).  Somewhere around 1982 I bought a TI94/4a home computer, and began to learn and write software in Basic.  I also worked in Pascal on the TI for several years, related to an application used with CompuServe forums.  Fond memories.

Since moving to PCs, I've done little programming, although I've dabbled a bit.  I was interested to find Mintoris Basic in the Android market, and here I am…

Maybe because of my age and history, I am used to flipping through a manual to find the right commands and syntax.  I'll have to get used to finding it all online.  I will also have to get used to working with a small screen and without a strong programming-based editor.  But, hey, it's a hobby, not a job.

I am happy to join the group.

Chuck

• Global Moderator
« Reply #55 on: Apr 23, 2013, 06:48 PM »
Hi Jim, welcome aboard. I usually use notepad on the PC to write larger Basic programs. Then I use WiFi Explorer to wirelessly upload the .bas file.

-Chuck

JimCalifornia

« Reply #56 on: Apr 23, 2013, 07:05 PM »
Thanks for the welcome.  When I am at my desk, my phone and Nexus pad are often plugged into the PC for charging.  So using Notepad and saving to the attached device would be pretty simple.

It's those times sitting on a bench while my wife shops that will be a challenge.

musaaj

« Reply #57 on: Jul 14, 2013, 01:02 AM »
My name is Musa Ibrah Ajayi. I'm 20 years old. I was born in Nigeria. My perents are pety traders. I started Learning programming 3 years ago. My first and fovourite Languege is REBOL.I came acrose Basic last year on android market and promptly decided to give it a try. It proved very usuefull to me. Therefore it is second to REBOL. I do simple programmes in it. Realy, I enjoy Basic‼

Raimo

« Reply #58 on: Sep 13, 2013, 08:31 PM »
Hello‼

My name is Raimo and I'm from Finland.
I am a 51 year old man.
My first computer was a Commodore 64 (1983).
The next computer that I had was PC/XT using QBasic.

I'm a teacher in vocational school.
I use JUST BASIC (Windows programming),
PICAXE BASIC (microprocessor programming)
and MINTORIS BASIC (smart phone programming) at my work.

My students are using those programs in their exercises and final projects.
I use Basic programming because it's easy for the students to learn.
Students can connect all those three Basic programmes in their final projects.

I like Basic‼

zakeryclarke

• I think therefore I am.
« Reply #59 on: Oct 27, 2013, 01:08 AM »
Hi my name is Zakery Clarke. I work for Hex Electronix , which specializes in android programming, web design, and social media set up. Programming is a career, passion, and a hobby for me. Hex Electronix can create custom programs and make your business high-tech. Let me know if you are interested in working together.
Hope to hear from you soon‼
« Last Edit: Jul 09, 2014, 04:49 AM by zakeryclarke »
<ZAK>