Mintoris Forum

Author Topic: Camera Demo  (Read 2510 times)

Chuck

• Global Moderator
Camera Demo
« on: Nov 28, 2012, 09:34 PM »
Here is a little program that demonstrates the use of the camera in the manual mode. You are prompted to take a photo which is then stored in Graphics/Camera Demo1/photo.png. PNG files are the preferred format. Once the photo is saved, the demo will attempt to display it to the screen. Some cameras take photos at such a high resolution that they cause out of memory errors when they are loaded for display. On my Samsung Galaxy SIII the image size is over 1.5mb. Each app is only allocated a small portion of the total memory available on a device, so an out of memory occurs. Fortunately my phone has a front facing camera which takes photos at a lower resolution and display without error. Even if high resolution photos can not be loaded, they will be saved to the sdcard correctly.

luptond

Re: Camera Demo
« Reply #1 on: Mar 03, 2014, 10:19 AM »
can you select which camera to use?  I tried selecting the back facing camera first, but it still wanted to take the photo with the forward facing camera

Chuck

• Global Moderator
Re: Camera Demo
« Reply #2 on: Mar 03, 2014, 08:09 PM »
On my test devices, there is a little icon on the photo preview screen which switches between front and back cameras.