Mintoris Forum

Author Topic: Big Decimal Calculator Demo  (Read 4061 times)

Chuck

• Global Moderator
Big Decimal Calculator Demo
« on: Sep 25, 2012, 05:46 AM »
Here is a calculator program I wrote using the new Big Decimal support. This program also demonstrates the use of Bitmap arrays.

This program requires Basic 5.5 or higher.  You need to download both the files below.

You might want to put a shortcut to this program on your home screen.

This program is designed to be customized with your own calculations.  Check out the comments in the code for details on how to modify it to your own needs.
« Last Edit: Sep 27, 2012, 05:28 PM by Chuck »

harold

• My Favorite Material Posession
    • MyElectronicArt
Re: Big Decimal Calculator Demo
« Reply #1 on: Sep 25, 2012, 06:20 AM »
Hello Chuck, I always check out calculators to see how many digits they have, you win, neat, Harold.

Chuck

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: Sep 25, 2012, 09:18 PM »
If you have any questions about the calculator code just let me know.  I'm starting to think I should put a row of buttons on the left that call individual subroutines to calculate a result. That way someone could just take this code, add their calculations to one of the empty button subroutines and they would have a custom button on the calculator. That way they would get this interface to use for their calculations.

harold

• MyElectronicArt
« Reply #3 on: Sep 26, 2012, 05:04 AM »
Hello Chuck, I made P2 square the current value ( a big deal for me), thanks for a fun program, Harold

harold

• MyElectronicArt
« Reply #4 on: Sep 26, 2012, 09:40 PM »
Hello Chuck, I did square (P2) and cube (P3), next I'm going to try mem sto and mem rcl, thanks, Harold.

Chuck

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: Sep 26, 2012, 09:48 PM »
Remember you can change the button names too.  You could even do something with the text size in LoadButtonBitmaps() if you need to get more text on a button.

Chuck

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: Sep 26, 2012, 09:58 PM »
I suppose people could even make several versions of this program. Each customized to perform different equations.

harold

• MyElectronicArt
« Reply #7 on: Sep 26, 2012, 10:10 PM »
Hello Chuck, that would make the possibilities unlimited, I was thinking if P7 could make the possibilities unlimited, Harold