Mintoris Forum

Author Topic: SolSys40  (Read 8511 times)

harold

• My Favorite Material Posession
    • MyElectronicArt
SolSys40
« on: Jul 26, 2012, 10:35 PM »
I was going to add to the old Solar System topic, but the memo said start a new one, so here it is.

The only difference is all the .png files are in their own directory, Harold.

Chuck

• Global Moderator
Re: SolSys40
« Reply #1 on: Aug 28, 2012, 08:26 PM »
Harold, have you tried the new zip commands for installing your data files? I added these commands for just your kind of situation where you have a ton of graphic and data files.  It should really speed up downloads and installs. You could even delete the zip file after you extract it.  Let me know if you need help coding.  I tried to make the commands as simple as possible and fit them in as core file manipulation commands.

-Chuck

Chuck

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: Aug 29, 2012, 04:03 AM »
Well I could increase the upload limit, but I only have 10 GB total to work with on the web site. Let me think about it.
« Last Edit: Sep 07, 2012, 12:33 AM by Chuck »

Chuck

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: Aug 29, 2012, 05:20 PM »
OK, I increased the upload limit to 1mb per post.

harold

• MyElectronicArt
« Reply #4 on: Oct 11, 2012, 05:12 PM »
O.K., touching the left half of the screen pauses SolSys, touching the right half of the screen resumes SolSys, Harold.

harold

• MyElectronicArt
« Reply #5 on: Oct 16, 2012, 06:45 PM »
I put Mercury at .24 years, and I put Eris stationary at the edge of the screen, Harold.

harold

• MyElectronicArt
« Reply #6 on: Jan 05, 2013, 06:40 AM »
Comet Ison looks interesting, so I programmed it, start it at 2013, day 1, it will appear at the top of the screen, barely moving, Harold.

harold

• MyElectronicArt
« Reply #7 on: Oct 03, 2013, 03:47 AM »
Comet ISON passes Mars this week, D.O.Y. 295 in my program, Harold.

mjcoon

« Reply #8 on: Oct 27, 2013, 04:19 PM »
Harold, have you tried the new zip commands for installing your data files? …
-Chuck

Could you add a link to more detail (how to use)? No doubt I have read it in the past but don't know where…

Cheers, Mike.

harold

• MyElectronicArt
« Reply #9 on: Oct 27, 2013, 07:52 PM »
Hello Mike, Chuck, I will try to remember, you should download the latest SolSys.zip file (218.57kb) and download SolSys40i.bas.
Then click on SolSys40i and run it, if it doesn't run, let me know. It should run for a few seconds then pause with a menu. If you have any questions about the menu or anything else, let me know, thanks for asking. Also, Chuck made an .apk file for me and you can buy it on Google Play store, Harold.

mjcoon

« Reply #10 on: Oct 27, 2013, 10:57 PM »
Hello Mike, Chuck, I will try to remember, you should download the latest SolSys.zip file (218.57kb) and download SolSys40i.bas.
Then click on SolSys40i and run it, if it doesn't run, let me know. It should run for a few seconds then pause with a menu. If you have any questions about the menu or anything else, let me know, thanks for asking. Also, Chuck made an .apk file for me and you can buy it on Google Play store, Harold.

Ah, thanks, I had not got the latest; there are several on the forum‼

But I get failure to decode the 1st .png file, though I can see it by navigating via Total Commander. I had got the same with manual install of graphics, too.

harold

• MyElectronicArt
« Reply #11 on: Oct 28, 2013, 12:39 AM »
Hello Mike,thanks for your time spent on this, I downloaded those 2 files to my tablet and overwrote my original files and it still works, I uploaded my original file, if you will, overwrite your file in the SolSys folder and see if that fixes it, Harold.

harold

• MyElectronicArt
« Reply #12 on: Oct 28, 2013, 01:19 AM »
Hello Mike, I see that I have SolSys in both Data and Graphics, I will look into that, Harold.

harold

• MyElectronicArt
« Reply #13 on: Oct 28, 2013, 01:59 AM »
Hello Mike, I renamed both folders and downloaded SolSys.zip, it automatically goes into the Data Folder and the program automatically unzips it to the Graphics folder and it runs, I'm out of ideas, Harold.

mjcoon

« Reply #14 on: Oct 28, 2013, 09:29 AM »
Hello Mike, I renamed both folders and downloaded SolSys.zip, it automatically goes into the Data Folder and the program automatically unzips it to the Graphics folder and it runs, I'm out of ideas, Harold.

Hi Harold (and Chuck if he spares time to read…). So I did an experiment and converted one of your PNG files to JPG and that loaded via Mintoris OK, so I converted all of them. So now SolSys runs OK calling the renamed files.

But we'll have to leave it to Chuck, I guess, to find out why Mintoris does not successfully use PNG loading in Android 2.1 (which is what my phone runs) while other programs can. I may get around to experimenting with the Android SDK sometime…

Meanwhile I shall have to try out SolSys and try to see what relationship the Jovian moon positions have to real dates‼

Mike.

harold

• MyElectronicArt
« Reply #15 on: Oct 28, 2013, 02:57 PM »
Hello Mike, sorry for all of your trouble, Chuck likes to use .png files because they are transparent or something like that, so the program will probably look different with .jpg files, if you have gotten to the jovian moon section, I think the orbits are pretty close in relationship but I don't think I tied them to a date, there is also a graphic section on the moons that you can see but it got too involved so I didn't finish it, we'll keep in touch, Harold.

harold

• MyElectronicArt
« Reply #16 on: Oct 28, 2013, 03:55 PM »
Hello Mike, I just refreshed myself on my program, there is a Moon Calc. section that ties the jovian moons to dates, since Jupiter is about to come up in the evening, I plan to track the moons some more, Harold.

Chuck

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: Oct 28, 2013, 08:16 PM »
The older versions of Android can be kind of picky about the graphics file format. I've had pngs fail to load and had to re-save them with a different program to get them to work.

harold

• MyElectronicArt
« Reply #18 on: Oct 28, 2013, 09:19 PM »
Hello Mike, if you are doing all of this with an old phone, I think you should get a nice little tablet, Harold.

mjcoon

« Reply #19 on: Oct 28, 2013, 11:45 PM »
Hello Mike, if you are doing all of this with an old phone, I think you should get a nice little tablet, Harold.

Thanks for that thought‼ I am thinking about it, but I can do that for years without much progress…

BTW the phone's less than a year old, but was a bargain, I hoped‼

Cheers, Mike.