Mintoris Forum

Author Topic: After months of thought and planning  (Read 1546 times)

Mintoris

• Administrator
After months of thought and planning
« on: Jan 03, 2019, 08:30 PM »
Here is the blank slate I will start work on tomorrow. Beyond it's looks, it has no functions as yet. You can follow my development at:

https://www.mintoris.com/index-new.html

The look and feel of this window will be almost identical to the main Mintoris screen on Android. Hopefully in the next few days I will have added enough functionality that we can begin a dialog about how it should work.

The grid pattern is just a placeholder for any background. The idea is to have a desktop of icons much like a file explorer, but more structured. By touching a folder icon, you drill down a tree branch to a new collection of icons objects. Each user will have a private branch and a public branch. By moving items to your public branch an item becomes accessible to other users.

Users will have to use their google login to sign in. This also gives access to the users google drive (1TB of storage per user) where all the users' private information, programs, documents, whatever is stored. So for privacy concerns, all information, both personal-private and public, is stored in a readable form on your google drive and nowhere else. Passwords and sensitive info will be encrypted.

If you are wondering where Basic comes into this, well, we'll just start calling the language Mintoris Script and your programs will be just another icon on the desktop. A single click will run the program, a long press will edit much like the original Mintoris Basic desktop.
« Last Edit: Jan 03, 2019, 08:43 PM by Mintoris »

Mintoris

• Administrator
Re: After months of thought and planning
« Reply #1 on: Jan 03, 2019, 08:33 PM »
Ok, so I got a little side tracked. I took a day to port the expression parser from Android->Java->Basic to Mintoris-Server->PHP. This will allow me to embed numeric expressions into these routing packets I've been talking about.

The Idea is, I create a json data packet on say Android. That packet gets sent to the server with an embedded numeric expression. When it gets to the server the selected json is read from the database. All the json fields are then available to the expressions as variables. The expressions are evaluated, the selected json fields are modified then stored back to the database. So, an operation that would normally take 4 http POST transactions can be done with only one. This is a good example of how the new scripting language will execute on the platform most appropriate to the functions being performed.

After today the Mintoris network will have the ability to send routing objects (commands with data and executable expressions) to a variety of platforms. This ability to send commands from device to device, storing data, switching on a wifi plug or whatever, will be as easy as a single Basic command. There will also be a special GUI editor for these routing objects. The new Mintoris desktop will have many custom object editors in addition to a text code editor and some GUI way of interconnecting the objects. The desktop should have two modes, control panel mode and edit mode.

If you are having trouble following all this, keep in mind that version 8 is currently 100% compatible with earlier versions of Mintoris Basic. It just needs testing and review. The first thing I will do is add the code editor to the new desktop so we can start testing version 8 properly.