Mintoris Forum

Author Topic: Moving Shortcut icons  (Read 3977 times)

Charlie

Moving Shortcut icons
« on: Nov 22, 2010, 01:56 PM »
I love the new feature of creation of shortcut icons on the main screen.

I notice on my HTC Incredible that the icon goes to the first (leftmost) screen with an available icon position. I hadn't previously figured out to move an icon to a different screen--I had deleted icons from where they were and recreated them on another.  Since the Basic-created icons don't exist anywhere to bring them on using the OS, I had incentive to find a way of moving them to a different screen, and that is:

Move the icon to the thin bar at the top to temporarily park it there. Then switch screens to the destination and slide it down onto that screen.

Chuck

• Global Moderator
Re: Moving Shortcut icons
« Reply #1 on: Nov 22, 2010, 09:29 PM »
To move an icon from one screen to another on my phone, I just long press the icon to get it moving then move it to the edge of the screen and the screen switches to the next pane with the icon still moveable.

xyzormax

« Reply #2 on: Mar 18, 2013, 07:26 PM »
how do I supply a different image for the shortcut icon?
the default icon is nice enough
but I would like to supply a graphic clue for the program

regards
xyzormax

Chuck

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: Mar 18, 2013, 08:18 PM »
I haven't added the ability to change the shortcut icon. Adding that ability now may be a waste of time because the latest versions of Android seem to insist on changing the name and icon of shortcuts back to Basic and Basic's icon. IDK.

-Chuck

barryem

« Reply #4 on: Apr 18, 2014, 06:21 PM »
I haven't tried creating icons before but yesterday I tried it on my B&N Nook HD and nothing happened.  This is a highly skinned Android and nothing works in the usual way so I'm not really surprised.  I realize you aren't going to buy a Nook HD to figure this out and I'm not really sure I care that much anyway.

However, I was wondering if you had any idea how I might make an icon appear someplace.  Once I have one I can move it where I want.

Again, this isn't very important and I hope you won't feel the need to spend any time on it.  I just thought you might have an idea off the top of your head.  I have other tablets where icons mean more to me than on the Nook HD and that feature works fine on those tablets.

Barry

Chuck

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: Apr 18, 2014, 06:56 PM »
Check all your home screens and make sure it didn't get put some place weird.