Mintoris Forum

Author Topic: Mintoris BASIC Manual  (Read 10562 times)

jdbellco

Mintoris BASIC Manual
« on: Nov 11, 2011, 01:01 AM »
Is there any complete guides, or manuals with this language?
I'm probably average-novice in my level of programming experience
But that's only because I haven't applied myself.
I'm wanting to take my Android based phone and turn it into a
Rebotics remote control via Bluetooth. But to do that I need to know this code
very well. So I need to know if there's any complete guides/tutorials.

Chuck

• Global Moderator
Re: Mintoris BASIC Manual
« Reply #1 on: Nov 11, 2011, 05:56 PM »
The built in reference manual is the best source of information about the Basic language. This forum is also a great source of information and example programs.  Start out with a simple program and slowly start adding complexity.  Ask questions on this forum and everyone will benefit from the answers. 

Below is a bit of demo code from the reference manual.  Try it and see if you can connect to your robot.  If you can then it should be easy to start controlling your robot.  I also attached a copy of the program below so you can download it easily.

'First get the address of the device you wish to connect to.

dim pairs$(0)
pairs$() = BTGetPaired$()

If pairs$(0) = "none" Then
Print "No paired devices found"
End
Endif

List pairs$(), device$
name$ = ItemExtract$(device$, 0)
address$ = ItemExtract$(device$, 1)

'Now try to connect.

BTConnect 1, address$

'Wait for connection
For i = 1 to 30
Print BTGetState(1);" - ";
Print BTGetError$(1)
If BTGetstate(1)=4 Then Exit For
Wait 1000
Next i

If BTGetState(1) = 4 Then
Print "Connected"
Else
Print "Connect Failed"
Endif

George

« Reply #2 on: Jan 31, 2012, 09:54 PM »
First off, thank you for Mintoris Basic. You have done a wonderful job‼‼
I agree that a printable version of the manual would be good.  It makes me so crazy trying to view it on my phone. Even a version here would be so helpful. I have enough trouble holding thoughts, let alone command syntax in my brain. I've been able to read novels on my Kindle or Nook, but technical manuals make me crazy. At work I had to have all the manuals put in binders for me. Sad, but true.

Again, thank you for this wonderful implementation and your hard work and dedication‼‼
 :)

Chuck

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: Feb 01, 2012, 01:39 AM »
There is a printable manual under the General Discussion board of this forum.  It was originally created by a member of this forum and has not been updated to include commands added since version 3.3.  I am planning to update it as soon as I get time. 

Thanks for your support.

-Chuck

JohnnyD

« Reply #4 on: Aug 14, 2014, 04:36 PM »
Hi all‼

I'm new here, just got a copy of BASIC and it looks very interesting. It looks very much like Liberty Basic which I use on Windows.

I see the manual is a bit of an awkward thing to use and I am looking at producing a PDF (or similar) version.

I've downloaded all the relevant HTML files and just need to persuade them to live & work in said format.

If anyone else wants to work with these files to produce same, I'll email them to you.

JohnnyD