Mintoris Forum

Author Topic: Using the Astro file manager  (Read 5479 times)

Jesse

• If life throws a planet at you, pull your ripcord‼
Using the Astro file manager
« on: Nov 19, 2010, 08:47 PM »
Per Chuck's request, here is a short how-to on using the Astro file manager to download a file. This is how it works on my device. Your experience may vary. Also, on my device, the built in browser and the Dolphin browser work much the same way. This tutorial is created using the Dolphin browser. Please note that as of this writing, Chuck is writing code to allow downloading files directly into Mintoris Basic if the forum is viewed using forum option of Basic's reference.

First, bring up the forum post that has the file you wish to download, and touch the file you wish to download. Files will be located below the text of the post.

Now, you are able to edit the filename before the file is saved. Once the filename is how you want it, touch the [Ok] button.

Next, your file downloads into the /sdcard/download directory, as shown in the downloads history.

Now, start the Astro file manager and navigate to the /sdcard/download directory. Find the file that was downloaded.

Touch and hold on the file entry to popup up the context menu. Then touch [Edit].

The context menu changes. Now touch the Move option. You may choose [Copy] instead - of you do, the following instructions are still the same.

Now, navigate to the /sdcard/Mintoris.basic directory and touch the [Edit] icon at the top of the screen.

Next, from the popup context menu, touch [Paste].

You're all done ;D

Jesse

Chuck

• Global Moderator
Re: Using the Astro file manager
« Reply #1 on: Nov 19, 2010, 10:41 PM »
Thanks Jesse for posting this.  I asked Jesse to write this post because I think the Astro file manager is a great sidekick for Mintoris Basic.  It is a great way to work with your Basic program and data files.  It is much easier to do all these tasks with your phone mounted to your PC, but Astro is handy "on the go".
« Last Edit: Nov 19, 2010, 10:43 PM by Chuck »

mickbrown

« Reply #2 on: Apr 04, 2014, 10:53 PM »
Can you create a file folder and put certain photos in it? I can't find how to do that. I'm trying to organize my pictures and videos into categories. Thanks.

Chuck

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: Apr 04, 2014, 11:03 PM »
Check out the WiFi File Explorer pro on Google Play. It lets you use your internet browser on your pc to browse your sdcard on your phone. It lets you do everything.

Fasdrrt

« Reply #4 on: Oct 12, 2015, 11:17 AM »
You can ASTRO File Manager to manage your mobile phone data , such as edit text messages,contacts,photos,videos,app and so on;

Assteril

« Reply #5 on: Jan 10, 2017, 11:21 AM »
Android Data Manager is used to backup or manage the android data , with it is help , i have succeed transfer android contacts and messages to computer,
Then , it is easy manage Android messages and contacts on computer ,if you need you can use it to transfer the other android data on computer , including some android photos,videos,app,music ect ,

JennyBreab

« Reply #6 on: Oct 16, 2019, 09:02 PM »
How do you use this dvddaph, do you need to have the dvd 20th anniversary of dragons lair game, i have on cd but i guess that wont work, not familiar with that conversion.

Joyceunund

« Reply #7 on: Nov 04, 2019, 01:08 PM »
Hi,

I think I had an issue with a mpmx hex file I use the same programmer too. Try reinstalling micropro, and recompile the source code in microchip's compiler.

Good Luck

---

Daniel.