Mintoris Forum

Author Topic: USB serial flow control  (Read 1265 times)

pipiiri

• BIENVENUE SUR MON SITE DU PICBASIC 3B
USB serial flow control
« on: Jul 10, 2018, 05:15 PM »
Hello, with Mintoris I communicate very well between a tablet and a microcontroller (the PICBASIC-3B) by cons it is impossible to control the serial flow, for example, it is impossible to have the state of the DTR of the command (UsbGetDTR (1)) and to set the RTS (UsbSetRTS 1,1 or O).
I downloaded an app (free USB serial term) on the tablet to check if there was a problem with the USB-TTL adapter, with this app everything works.
I tried with several adapters (EFTDI 1221-c) (G0030631) (FT232RL) (CP2102).
I would like to know if there is a solution to this problem, thank you.

Mintoris

• Administrator
Re: USB serial flow control
« Reply #1 on: Jul 10, 2018, 06:49 PM »
USB support was added to Mintoris Basic before Google had added USB support. Currently I am using a third party USB library. As part of the version 8 upgrade I will be switching to the new Android USB library. I believe these handshake problems will be resolved then.

pipiiri

• BIENVENUE SUR MON SITE DU PICBASIC 3B
« Reply #2 on: Jul 11, 2018, 05:13 PM »
thank you, version 8 will be released on which date

Mintoris

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: Jul 11, 2018, 08:16 PM »
I'm hoping for a release by the end of the summer. There is still a lot of work to be done. Version 8 is a ground up re-write intended address many long standing issues.

pistikebacsi

« Reply #4 on: Sep 11, 2019, 03:10 PM »
Hi, I am pistikebacsi, new member.
I try Mintoris Basic Free 7.2.2 trial from google before buy the Pro version.
I test UsbSetDTR command, but not work. At open selected usb port DTR go to LOW,
at usbclose go to HIGH, changing connection state have no effect. Can confirm that
this command working in PRO version? Also observed, if not put my usb serial dongle
with CP2101 chip in the android device (Huawei Smart P 2019, LenovoTAB8) the testprogram
wait to infinite after UsbOpen command. Thank You for answare.

EvelynDoobe

USB serial flow control
« Reply #5 on: Oct 19, 2019, 06:21 AM »
OK my older computer that I had added a serial port died due to a bad power supply…

I currently have a NETBOOK or a LAPTOP neither have serial ports.

So I am looking for suggestions on a working UBS -> Serial adapter that will output enough power to power a FIRECRACKER module.

Any suggestions?

NancyAnese

USB serial flow control
« Reply #6 on: Oct 19, 2019, 07:50 PM »
Ok, but can you try with a more recent syslinux from fedora ?
Just so that we know if the version was too old, in that case I have to update the documentation with the version requirement.