Mintoris Forum

Author Topic: Mintoris Basic Pro collapsed  (Read 1589 times)

FabianClub

Mintoris Basic Pro collapsed
« on: Mar 29, 2018, 12:30 AM »
Hi.
I have a problem with Mintoris. I will relate the sequence of events. It's been a while since I've been developing a new game. I updated the Android system to 8.0 (Oreo). My cell phone is a Samsung S8 +. The update was made by Odin, that is by a flash. Then I had to make a wipe to clean the entire data partition. I installed all my applications and games, including Mintoris Basic.
When I wanted to continue programming my game, I find that I can not do it, because when loading the .bas file, the Mintoris program stops (Mintoris Basic Pro stopped).
But this only happens with very long files. If I load another file shorter, you can work normally.
The .bas file that I am developing has a size of 185564 bytes, that is, 181.2 Kbytes.
I can open it with the other editors, like the Jota Text, but there is a lot of difference with the original editor of Mintoris. The differences are for example, the predictive of the commands, the aids, and the execution of the program.
I wish to continue working on my project with the original editor of Mintoris.
Any chance to correct this error?
Or maybe some idea as I can solve it myself? Anything that can modify the Android system? (my cell phone is rooted)
Any configuration of Mintoris or Android?

……………….

Chuck

• Global Moderator
Re: Mintoris Basic Pro collapsed
« Reply #1 on: Mar 30, 2018, 06:24 PM »
First, make sure all your source code is backed up off the device.

Then, please try uninstalling Basic and reinstalling.

I see a bunch of error reports from yesterday, but all from one (anonymous) user.

If this does not solve your problem, we will go from there. The stack dump from that error report shows the crash happens outside of Basic. Somewhere in the system memory garbage collection. Also check how much memory your device has.

FabianClub

Re: Mintoris Basic Pro collapsed
« Reply #2 on: Apr 17, 2018, 08:24 PM »
Thanks for answering, Chuck.

Before I wanted to comment that I remembered that when I programmed the other game (Rats Adventure), as it is a very extensive program, the same thing happened to me. And at that time I had another cell phone and another version of Android.
For that reason, I had to finish programming with the Jota Text Editor. Now the same thing happens to me.
Look, I think this happens when the program is very extensive. Not in multimedia files, but in bytes of the .bas file.
Chuck, if you want, I can pass the source code of Rats Adventure (170,270 bytes) so you can see if the same thing happens on your cell phone.
The one I am developing now has a size of 215,403 bytes and the same thing happens.
If you wish, write me and I'll share the RatsAdventure.bas file so you can check.

Greetings.

NancyAnese

« Reply #3 on: Oct 20, 2019, 09:01 PM »
Sysrcd dont use floppyemulation. Maybe your bios misinterprets what it read. You can try a PLOP bootloaderfloppy to boot sysrcd from CD or USB.
Works your CD in other PCs?

Gernot

NancyAnese

« Reply #4 on: Oct 28, 2019, 09:02 PM »
thanks john,
only thing is i dont have any metal stake dollies  and also how could i planish it that smooth with no english wheel?

anyone else have any more ideas too?

NancyAnese

« Reply #5 on: Nov 03, 2019, 12:17 AM »
I have a user commentary prepared for my own notes. I set the options for the topic tree to remain collapsed, and yet it expands, every time that I click on a given Bible verse in Bibleview. How do I keep the topic tree collapsed? See screenshot

Cynthiautide

« Reply #6 on: Dec 11, 2019, 05:41 AM »
An alternative it to not synchronize/link the Book view, or make your Bible view a view target eye icon and it will not produce any sync action see its tooltip.