Mintoris Forum

Author Topic: Output of arrays  (Read 3217 times)

lancegary

Output of arrays
« on: Jan 18, 2011, 04:52 PM »
I really like the array processong feature of Mintoris Basic. It reminds me of statistical languages like S and R.

Whilst the array processing features mean that one can do away with lots of for next loops, one still needs those for next loops to print out the results of ones calculations. It would be nice if an entire array could be displayed with a single print statement. Of course, one would perhaps need to distinguish between one and two dimensional arrays, as R does.

Any way, array processong is a great feature.

Lance

Chuck

• Global Moderator
Re: Output of arrays
« Reply #1 on: Jan 19, 2011, 04:10 AM »
Well the List command is intended to print out one dimensional arrays, and there is a topic already started in the Future Upgrades section of the forum.

I could see the upgraded List command having 1 to 5 columns depending on the number of dimensions an array has.

lancegary

« Reply #2 on: Jan 26, 2011, 11:31 AM »
Well the List command is intended to print out one dimensional arrays, and there is a topic already started in the Future Upgrades section of the forum.

I could see the upgraded List command having 1 to 5 columns depending on the number of dimensions an array has.

I haven't had chance to study this, but the list command sounds really useful. Thank you,

Lance

Chuck

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: Jan 26, 2011, 07:45 PM »
Unfortunately the List command currently only works with string arrays.  :-\