Mintoris Forum

Author Topic: Day Map - Per Harold  (Read 5342 times)

harold

• My Favorite Material Posession
    • MyElectronicArt
Day Map - Per Harold
« on: Oct 05, 2016, 09:53 PM »
Hello Charlie, I saw your post on Astro Clock, 10-4 on the planets, I added some planets (crude) and some other things on day map and plan to post it unless you don't want to see your program messed up, Harold.

Charlie

Day Map - Per Harold
« Reply #1 on: Oct 06, 2016, 01:57 AM »
I have no objection.

harold

• MyElectronicArt
Day Map - Per Harold
« Reply #2 on: Oct 06, 2016, 03:39 AM »
Hello Charlie, thanks, I'll setup to post it tonight as DayMap1b, Harold.

harold

• MyElectronicArt
Day Map - Per Harold
« Reply #3 on: Oct 06, 2016, 04:16 AM »
Hello Charlie, thanks again, I hope I get this right, thanks for your very nice program that I could add some fun things to, I put the Sidereal hours across the top, they are in sync with the solar hours now, they should advance, I have some planets by numbers synced to them, I have added 2 planes, a ship and a train with sounds, there are some settings in the program for different computers, the default setup runs on all my computers, if people haven't run your day map programs they may have to download some more files, thanks again, Harold.

harold

• MyElectronicArt
Day Map - Per Harold
« Reply #4 on: Oct 06, 2016, 05:31 AM »
Hello, worldmap.jpg from the #2 page of this post might have to be downloaded and then copied out of Graphics into Data, maybe, Harold

harold

• MyElectronicArt
Day Map - Per Harold
« Reply #5 on: Oct 06, 2016, 04:24 PM »
Hello, so far, I haven't been able to tie the planets individually to the clock, Harold.

Charlie

Day Map - Per Harold
« Reply #6 on: Oct 07, 2016, 09:16 PM »
It's looking for an Engine1.png, which I don't see in your post.

Charlie

Day Map - Per Harold
« Reply #7 on: Oct 07, 2016, 09:23 PM »
BTW, I notice a lot of factors for different devices in your program. I've found it helpful to use Setscale in combination with the information provided by Chuck in his reply to my

Problems and Solutions > SetScale in comination w/ Circle and bitmaps

for placing objects with regard to circles and bitmaps.

I haven't had the inclination to go back and apply this to Day Map, but the functions are found in the Astro Clock app, for placing sun, moon and planets around the zodiac circle, and numbers around the polar map, etc.

harold

• MyElectronicArt
Day Map - Per Harold
« Reply #8 on: Oct 07, 2016, 11:21 PM »
Hello Charlie, thanks for the info on Setscale, I'm not good at learning new things, but I'll give it a try for simplifying my program for my next post, thanks for the Engine1, I'll post it, I have just now been able to tie Jupiter and Saturn to the clock, and am now going to post it, it looks like Jupiter will catch Saturn and Pluto at the end of 2020 at 20 hours, lots of 20's, thanks again, Harold.

harold

• MyElectronicArt
Day Map - Per Harold
« Reply #9 on: Oct 08, 2016, 05:11 PM »
Hello Charlie, I saw your puzzle, I'm not much into puzzles, thanks again for your neat program that I can have fun on, I looked at the SetScale  item and it hurt my brain, and then I remembered that you already had SetScale in your program, besides, the main reason for my listing for devices is I have fun with Chs$() symbols that I use for the planes and the ship, they are all different in each device, some of the planes fly backwards, I use my character programs to find what is where, next, looking at the numbers in the upper left corner you can see that Jupiter is moving around the Sun about twice as fast as Saturn, next, Chuck, thanks again for Mintoris, a Giant application program that lets me have fun and do what I want to do, I posted DayMap1f, Harold.

harold

• MyElectronicArt
Day Map - Per Harold
« Reply #10 on: Oct 15, 2016, 02:55 PM »
Hello Charlie, thanks again for day map, I have added 10 small pictures that pop up momentarily in each area of the Earth that the ship passes thru, I plan to post it unless you have objections, Harold.

harold

• MyElectronicArt
Day Map - Per Harold
« Reply #11 on: Oct 17, 2016, 02:52 PM »
Hello Charlie, I didn't get any objections, and since then I built a spaceship, Chr$(9819) and pictures pop up at each planet, for the ship section  the Earth pictures need to be moved from Graphics to a DayMap1 folder in Graphics and the planet pictures need to be moved to a SolSys2 folder, fun, Harold.

harold

• MyElectronicArt
Day Map - Per Harold
« Reply #12 on: Oct 17, 2016, 02:55 PM »
Hello, had to make 2 posts, Harold.

harold

• MyElectronicArt
Day Map - Per Harold
« Reply #13 on: Oct 18, 2016, 05:14 PM »
Hello, if you are missing Tone03a.mp3, it's the top line in the first post, I didn't mention that I have routines at the beginning of the program to select different devices, sometimes the foghorn at Bermuda Is. keeps running, I changed that routine to be like the 4 line routine at Panama canal, that seems to work, fun, Harold.

harold

• MyElectronicArt
Day Map - Per Harold
« Reply #14 on: Oct 18, 2016, 11:55 PM »
Hello, well, that didn't didn't fix it, as you can see in the program, I've set traps to try to get it, it must be the Bermuda Triangle, well, fun, Harold.

harold

• MyElectronicArt
Day Map - Per Harold
« Reply #15 on: Oct 19, 2016, 02:25 AM »
Hello, I tried several things and havn't solved my problem, so I might just Rem it out and the Bermuda Triangle will not get it's FogHorn, Harold.

harold

• MyElectronicArt
Day Map - Per Harold
« Reply #16 on: Oct 20, 2016, 05:14 AM »
Well, the Bermuda Triangle gets it's FogHorn, I made the location area wider and deleted one test, and made some other changes, now the sea going ship keeps going around the World and the space ship keeps going around the Solar System, that was fun, Harold.

harold

• MyElectronicArt
Day Map - Per Harold
« Reply #17 on: Oct 20, 2016, 06:05 AM »
Hello, Charlie, thanks again for day map, and Chuck, thanks again for Mintoris, Harold.

harold

• MyElectronicArt
Re: Day Map - Per Harold
« Reply #18 on: Nov 28, 2016, 01:24 AM »
Hello, in this program, I cheated and didn't include Mercury & Venus, and I didn't tie the 3 outer planets to the clock because they move slow, about halfway down in the program I now changed my computer from "If Sid1=18 then DrawText 4" to "Sid=21" to manually move Mars to it's current location, Harold.

harold

• MyElectronicArt
Re: Day Map - Per Harold
« Reply #19 on: Dec 17, 2016, 05:08 PM »
Hello Charlie, your Sun is far South, I programmed in a timer, the ship runs twice as fast on some of devices compared to others, Sidereal Time is 6 hours out of sync with Solar Time, Harold.