Mintoris Forum

Author Topic: OpenGL Game Engine  (Read 52588 times)

hoyoyo80

Re: OpenGL Game Engine
« Reply #220 on: Mar 28, 2016, 11:24 AM »
How to become beta tester‥superbly tempted‥

Chuck

• Global Moderator
« Reply #221 on: Mar 28, 2016, 03:15 PM »
How to become beta tester‥superbly tempted‥

just send an email to support@mintoris.com

Chuck

• Global Moderator
« Reply #222 on: Mar 31, 2016, 03:07 AM »
Here are the new commands in today's build.

Code: [Select]
GenSetSpriteMass sprite, mass

GenSetSpriteInvulnerable sprite, On | Off

GenSetSpriteMaxHitPoints sprite, maxHitPoints
GenSetSpriteHitPoints sprite, hitpoints
GenIncSpriteHitPoints sprite, inc

GenSetSpriteShields sprite, On | Off
GenSetSpriteMaxShields sprite, shieldsHitPoints
GenSetSpriteShieldPoints sprite, shieldPoints
GenIncSpriteShieldPoints sprite, inc

GenShowScoreTrailers sprite, On | Off
GenShowOffScreenIcon sprite, On | Off{. size}
GenHighlightOffScreenIcon sprite, On | Off

GenSetSystemFont font

font = GenGetSystemFont()

mass = GenGetSpriteMass(sprite)
maxHitpoints = GenGetSpriteMaxHitPoints(sprite)
hitpoints = GenGetSpriteHitPoints(sprite)
maxShieldPoints = GenGetSpriteMaxShields()
shieldPoints = GenGetSpriteShields(sprite)

isGenSpriteInvulnerable(sprite)
isGenSpriteShieldsOn(sprite)

SetOnSpriteStatsSub sprite, onSpriteStats()

Sub onSpriteStats(sprite, type)

type =
1 = Sprite Hit Points Zero
2 = Sprite Shield Points Zero

EndSub

Game Engine Command List.docx

The attached program is a mess, but it tests today's features.

Chuck

• Global Moderator
« Reply #223 on: Mar 31, 2016, 03:34 AM »
Oh, the damage calculation is the same as the damage in Mintoris Space. If anyone has a good idea about how we might calculate the damage or a way to generalize the damage formula. Perhaps AD&D style.

3d6+3

n * d(sides) + k

damage = roll(n, sides) + k

?

Current damage formula.

damage = mass * ave_velocity_colliding_objects * 0.0001f + 1

Which brings me to the next thing: Sprite Mass

Right now the default mass is sprite width * height which makes it proportional to the size of the sprite, but is hardly a proper unit of mass.

You do have the GenSetSpriteMass command and you can set the mass to kilograms if you like, but that damage formula will drive the hitpoints very high.

Any thoughts would help.

Chuck

• Global Moderator
« Reply #224 on: Apr 01, 2016, 04:08 AM »
Include files are going to get a little help in 7.3. I've created a new directory called Mintoris.Basic/Include. When the compiler encounters an include, it will first look in the dir that your basic program is located. If the include file is not in the local dir it will look in the new global Include dir.

Include files ending in .inc will be highlighted in the editor, but you won't be able to run them directly.
When you download a file with the .inc extension it will be stored in the global Include dir‥

sraffens

• Global Moderator
« Reply #225 on: Apr 01, 2016, 06:50 AM »
Include files are going to get a little help in 7.3. I've created a new directory called Mintoris.Basic/Include. When the compiler encounters an include, it will first look in the dir that your basic program is located. If the include file is not in the local dir it will look in the new global Include dir.

Include files ending in .inc will be highlighted in the editor, but you won't be able to run them directly.
When you download a file with the .inc extension it will be stored in the global Include dir‥

Nice touch on the directory search. Write and Debug the shared .Inc file in the main area and when done move the .inc file to the "include" directory. And no code changes in your .bas files.

Chuck

• Global Moderator
« Reply #226 on: Apr 10, 2016, 01:44 AM »
The 7.3 upgrade is pretty much done. I'm still finding problems and loose ends, but mostly I'm just working on the reference manual.

Chuck

• Global Moderator
« Reply #227 on: Apr 11, 2016, 01:17 AM »
Here is my test program for the new loadCode$() and saveCode$() functions.

I added these functions to load and save sprites, but they work for all the data structure objects too. The saveCode$() function converts the sprite, variable, hash table or whatever into a serialized string. The string can then be saved to a file or an sql database. Later the string can be read back and the loadCode$() function can be used to recreate the sprite. If you inspect the data displayed by the attached program you will see that the sprites hash table is saved with the sprite.

One rule.

Don't put sprite references or other object references into a sprite's hash table.

Chuck

• Global Moderator
« Reply #228 on: Apr 22, 2016, 02:14 AM »
The 7.3 upgrade is complete. Now, I'm just writing the reference pages for all the new features. It looks like it's going to take a few more weeks.

rendomizer

« Reply #229 on: Apr 27, 2016, 06:49 PM »
GenGetW…
GenGetH…

Soo many new commands  :P

It looks worse than it is. I'm trying to prepare a toolkit that can be used for a wide range of apps. You don't have to understand every part of a car to drive it. Plus, there will be demos to modify and experiment with.

Shortly I perceive the need for a tile map editor. Does anyone have any ideas about this? Do you use a tile map editor that I could make Mintoris compatible?

Also, I think that we should have a separate printable manual just for the game engine, We could call it the "Advanced Mintoris Programmers Guide"or "Mintoris Game Engine Programming" or "Mintoris Dragon Programers Guide" or "Mintoris Programomancy".  And, there is always self publishing on Amazon.
nice ‼ good idear chuck

WandaTog

OpenGL Game Engine
« Reply #230 on: Oct 16, 2019, 08:59 AM »
thanks for number illzlee  but what starter would one use with a adaptor plate ??  its me just trying to see it in me head ,  and will i not need any thing off the jx engine and box  thanks taking me bus off road tomorow  and starting

OraliaHix

OpenGL Game Engine
« Reply #231 on: Nov 13, 2019, 04:22 AM »
I have a 1995 C180 with a Fusion Aftermarket head unit. I have just replaced the antenna with a powered one from Germany but not OEM. All works well, but while I crank the engine and the antenna has already extended, the radio goes off for a few seconds causing the antenna to retrect and then extend again. I am suspecting battery condition?
thanks