Mintoris Forum

Author Topic: Mechlon Ring System  (Read 5500 times)

Chuck

• Global Moderator
Mechlon Ring System
« on: Jul 18, 2015, 10:01 PM »
I think it's time for the Mechlons to make an appearance. I've attached the graphic for the basic Mechlon ship below.

I don't know if you've thought about it, but when you enter into a star system you are restricted to a doughnut shaped orbit. You go far enough in one direction, you loop around to the opposite side. The point of view is that of looking out from a gravity well at objects orbiting in a ring. Most of these gravity wells are probably uninhabitable gas giants.

The Mechlons are a lot more advanced than the fugitive X-ray Raiders. The Mechlons build complete interconnected ringed structure that take up the entire orbit. Since the ringed structure is moving in orbit, navigating the complex should be quite a challenge. Like navigating a moving maze.

The Mechlon defenses will probable be far too advanced for you weaponry, but you should be able to find a few pieces of new technology to take home with you. If you can get to a jump gate that is.
« Last Edit: Jul 18, 2015, 10:03 PM by Chuck »

zakerytclarke

Re: Mechlon Ring System
« Reply #1 on: Jul 22, 2015, 08:08 PM »
When can we expect this update

Chuck

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: Jul 22, 2015, 10:28 PM »
I'm drawing the graphics for it right now. This will be a little more involved than the first two. I think that this zone will first become available once you reach level 3. I'd like to say it will be ready in a week, but lets say two to be safe. I want to spend extra time and make this more of a puzzle than a fight.
« Last Edit: Jul 22, 2015, 11:16 PM by Chuck »

Chuck

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: Jul 25, 2015, 07:13 AM »
Still working on the graphics. Finally put some elements on the design board tonight.
« Last Edit: Jul 25, 2015, 07:15 AM by Chuck »

Chuck

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: Jul 31, 2015, 08:17 PM »
Just trying to think of the name of the new system.

private final static String[] sPhoneticWords = {
      "Alpha", "Bravo", "Charlie", "Delta", "Echo", "Fusbal", "Gaia", "Heth", "India",
      "Janky", "Kilo", "Lima", "Mechlon", "Nebula", "Omega", "Pico", "Quebec", "Recluse",
      "Sierra", "Tango", "Uranus", "Victor", "Washi", "X-ray", "Yucca", "Zulu",
      "Zero", "One", "Two", "Three", "Four", "Five", "Six", "Seven", "Eight", "Niner"
   };

The system has to start with M for Mechlon.

MP3 - Mechlon Pico Three
MY5 - Mechlon Yucca Five
MSR - Mechlon Sierra Recluse
MH8 - Mechlon Heth Eight
MJK - Mechlon Janky Kilo
MFU - Mechlon Fusbal Uranus

The last one prob isn't a family friendly combination.

I've spent more time designing and drawing graphics than I expected. I really don't want to give out many details about the system. I do think it will be fun and challenging. This will be a fully developed and populated system. Much more complex than the first two zones. I did abandon the idea of an orbiting ring. The structures will all be fixed in place. Since Mechlon technology is so advanced, the challenge will be figuring out how to interface with their equipment.

I'm not sure about the reward for this zone. Maybe a shepherd bot that tracks down and tames asteroids in the home system.  Shepherd bots could line up all the asteroids in a ring belt away from your structures so the miners will have an easy job and you won't have rouge asteroids hitting your stuff all the time.

The new Mechlon structures all need new AI to run them and they will all need new User interfaces when they are touched. So I'll have to allow more time for that.

« Last Edit: Jul 31, 2015, 11:25 PM by Chuck »

Chuck

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: Aug 02, 2015, 05:34 AM »
I settled on Mechlon Sierra Recluse (MSR). The system is in place and tomorrow I will start populating it with Mechlon artifacts.

Chuck

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: Aug 08, 2015, 12:20 AM »
The Mechlon plasma generator is up and running.

Chuck

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: Aug 09, 2015, 05:20 AM »
Incorrectly routed plasma…
« Last Edit: Aug 09, 2015, 07:50 AM by Chuck »

Chuck

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: Aug 11, 2015, 12:06 AM »
Got the Plasma regulators and Plasma Amplifiers running. Just a few more days I think.

Chuck

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: Aug 13, 2015, 04:12 AM »
Mechlon Sierra Recluse is now complete. Figuring out how to use the advanced technology in this system will gain you a unique piece of Mechlon tech and a hefty experience bonus.

zakerytclarke

« Reply #10 on: Aug 15, 2015, 01:23 AM »
Are you going to post the apk or a save file?

Chuck

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: Aug 15, 2015, 04:00 AM »
I've posted the apk below. You should be able to continue your current game. I'm still testing and I'm still finding bugs. So let me know if anything isn't working right. I had to extend the game engine again so there could be bugs anywhere.

Be sure to save your game before you enter MSR. If there are bugs there is a good chance you will need to reload your game before MSR initializes the first time.
« Last Edit: Aug 19, 2015, 03:06 AM by Chuck »

zakerytclarke

« Reply #12 on: Aug 15, 2015, 03:50 PM »
Most fun extension yet‼ The data banks were a clever idea. Took me awhile to figure it all out. I like the bio abrogator  and that I finally have a new system to colonize. There should be a portal in the new system though, I got marooned :(

Chuck

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: Aug 15, 2015, 05:21 PM »
Most fun extension yet‼ The data banks were a clever idea. Took me awhile to figure it all out. I like the bio abrogator  and that I finally have a new system to colonize. There should be a portal in the new system though, I got marooned :(

If there were a jump gate, then the system would have been claimed by someone else =D. I am glad to hear it is solvable.
« Last Edit: Aug 15, 2015, 05:24 PM by Chuck »

zakerytclarke

« Reply #14 on: Aug 15, 2015, 05:24 PM »
Maybe a warning then? ☺

Chuck

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: Aug 15, 2015, 05:29 PM »
I've had the marooned situation in since the start. I intended it to be a sort of catch so people will get in the habit of bringing a jump gate along to new systems. A few weeks ago when I told my testers about it they said I should leave it as a surprise.
« Last Edit: Aug 15, 2015, 05:33 PM by Chuck »

Chuck

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: Aug 15, 2015, 05:37 PM »
Before release I am planning to change the Freightliner Transport so you can press a button to load resources in one system, then press unload to unload the transport in your other system.

Chuck

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: Aug 19, 2015, 03:08 AM »
Mintoris Space Version 1.2 has now been released. It can be found on Google Play, just search for Mintoris.

EvelynDoobe

Mechlon Ring System
« Reply #18 on: Oct 22, 2019, 06:28 PM »
Although headshots are not always bang on lethal, they almost always are. In the extremely rare cases where the person magically survives, he is probably not in a fighting condition. In the proposed system, I think headshots are way underpowered.

EvelynDoobe

Mechlon Ring System
« Reply #19 on: Oct 25, 2019, 07:59 AM »
Couldnt they come up with anyone better for the superbowl? - They are embarrising 

Yeah, i dont think the stones will come up in music history class in 300 years - not a chance

overpaid, overrated, overexposed