Mintoris Forum

Author Topic: I've been playing for awhile….  (Read 3810 times)

zakerytclarke

I've been playing for awhile….
« on: Jul 01, 2015, 11:32 PM »
I've spent quite a bit of time playing mostly out of interest in the developer because of mintoris. Game play is quite hard, but I finally built a jump gate only to learn that I couldn't return. Is this supposed to happen? I wasn't able to check which system I was in, but I entered it and there were many warp gates which connected back to eachother and a x-ray  base which I promptly destroyed. Thanks for the help.

zakerytclarke

Re: I've been playing for awhile….
« Reply #1 on: Jul 01, 2015, 11:44 PM »
I finally escaped(I had missed killing one of the miners) hoe large is the universe now?

Chuck

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: Jul 02, 2015, 12:11 AM »
Well the game is listed under Adventure. In fact the whole system is based on RPG rules. When you leave your home system you are adventuring.

Did you actually make it to the end, fight the final battle ship, unlock the jump gate and make it home?  Because if you did, congrats. That first adventure module is long and hard. I had a friend help me with it and every time I told him it was too hard he started making "Oh Poor Baby…" at me.

If you did make it thru XNM and get home again then you have explored the whole map. But, I'm currently writing a new expansion that will add an easier system. The game engine is designed to be expanded on a regular basis. I talk about it in Future Adventures. I think that I will include a tech drop that will make that first adventure much easier.

Oh and don't forget to salvage the wrecks when you can.

-Chuck

I'm kind of going for the Minecraft marketing model.
« Last Edit: Jul 02, 2015, 12:20 AM by Chuck »

Chuck

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: Jul 02, 2015, 12:26 AM »
Oh, while it's not an issue yet, it might be a good idea to always have a Jump Gate construction pod in your cargo hold before you jump to an unknown system. You really can't just hope there will be a jump gate ready to bring you back home. You are using unknown alien coordinates that you took from possibly damaged computer equipment.

zakerytclarke

« Reply #4 on: Jul 02, 2015, 04:40 AM »
I did complete it, took me three times against the boss, but I figured how to make its missiles hurt himself. You really should include a recipe book so we know how many items we need to craft. I've enjoyed game play so far, but I constantly  save, as dying is very easy. I like the graphics very well done.
« Last Edit: Jul 02, 2015, 04:42 AM by prometheus »

Chuck

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: Jul 02, 2015, 04:49 AM »
Thanks for the feedback, it's the first. Just curious, did you bother to salvage the boss battleship?

zakerytclarke

« Reply #6 on: Jul 02, 2015, 05:10 AM »
I didn't have a salvager (unplanned trip) but I will go try it

Chuck

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: Jul 02, 2015, 05:21 AM »
but I constantly  save, as dying is very easy.

Space is a dangerous place :) I'm thinking about adding history saves, like an automatic save the last time you exited the home system.

zakerytclarke

« Reply #8 on: Jul 02, 2015, 05:30 AM »
I'm in favor of that.   :) also I salvaged the boss ship and I was very pleased with my find, well worth  the trip

Chuck

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: Jul 02, 2015, 05:40 AM »
How was the tutorial? Do you use voice or text? Touch or Tilt?

zakerytclarke

« Reply #10 on: Jul 02, 2015, 01:54 PM »
In my opinion, the tutorial covered the wrong info. Moving around was easy. It took more trial and error to cover building and launching units and how to set them up and what they do. I prefer the text (so I can listen to space themed music in the bsckground) and I use touch.

zakerytclarke

« Reply #11 on: Jul 02, 2015, 03:14 PM »
Also, I think when you launch kinetic rounds/torpedo at asteroids,  they should be destroyed and yield elements, so you can more actively mine

Chuck

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: Jul 02, 2015, 05:55 PM »
In my opinion, the tutorial covered the wrong info. Moving around was easy. It took more trial and error to cover building and launching units and how to set them up and what they do. I prefer the text (so I can listen to space themed music in the bsckground) and I use touch.

I've been watching a lot of videos about indie game development. Some of the games have a tutorial that is actually just a pre-tutorial. The real tutorial is the first zone. I'm thinking that I could add some prompting and hints in the home system (that shut off after you reach level 2). I think that would round off the gamer's instruction.

As for asteroids that blow up. Well, idk, it's actually easier to mine a slow moving big rock rather than several fast moving smaller rocks. Not that it would be hard to do. I'll think about it. If I'm bored some day maybe I'll put it in.

I feel so rushed to get out a new mod right now before people get too tired with it and forget about the game.

EvelynDoobe

Ive been playing for awhile
« Reply #13 on: Oct 18, 2019, 02:54 PM »
Thanks. Ive made progress since then but havent had time to work on it for a couple weeks now. And now with MI2:SE being released tomorrow I surely wont have the time .