Mintoris Forum

Author Topic: Star System Names  (Read 1585 times)

Chuck

• Global Moderator
Star System Names
« on: Jul 01, 2015, 09:42 PM »
Because of the limited screen size of most Android devices, I decided to Name the star systems by a three letter/number code. Using three digits and using all the letters and numbers you get 36 x 36 x 36 possible star systems. If we ever got close to the limit of 46656 systems I can go to a four digit code.

To make the system names a little more interesting I have the AI call out the names in the NATO Phonetic alphabet. So, System A01 becomes Alpha Zero One.  But, after a while the old phonetic names sounded a bit dated in the futuristic setting of Space. I began replacing different names. Below is the current phonetic names used by Space.

private final static String[] sPhoneticWords = {
      "Alpha", "Bravo", "Charlie", "Delta", "Echo", "Foxtrot", "Gaia", "Hotel", "India",
      "Juliett", "Kilo", "Lima", "Mechlon", "Nebula", "Omega", "Pico", "Quebec", "Romeo",
      "Sierra", "Tango", "Uniform", "Victor", "Whiskey", "X ray", "Yankee", "Zulu",
      "Zero", "One", "Two", "Three", "Four", "Five", "Six", "Seven", "Eight", "Niner"

As you can see there are a few old school names still in there. Like Hotel, Quebec, Uniform, Yankee, Victor.

If you can think of some better phonetic names to replace the ones above, then please post them below. Some of the names are already in use and shouldn't be changed. (Unless you come up with a really good one).

More Info:

- The first character of a system name denotes the sector of space.

- The second character is the cluster within the sector.

- The third character is the system.

So, XNI is System I in the Nebula Cluster of the Xray sector. Xray Nebula India (Can you think of an "Astro" name to replace India?)

-Chuck
« Last Edit: Jul 01, 2015, 09:55 PM by Chuck »

EvelynDoobe

Star System Names
« Reply #1 on: Oct 18, 2019, 05:39 AM »
If you know the counter to it then why bother posting about it? But anyways Star Gladiators have an Asura Move with no drawbacks which make them way too OPd for this game.

EvelynDoobe

Star System Names
« Reply #2 on: Nov 01, 2019, 12:22 AM »
magnificent idea and is duly