Mintoris Forum

Author Topic: PDP 1 - Spacewar  (Read 8829 times)

zakerytclarke

Re: PDP 1 - Spacewar
« Reply #20 on: Jul 04, 2015, 06:17 AM »
I like these ideas

jclemens

« Reply #21 on: Jul 04, 2015, 06:21 AM »
If you look at my black hole program, the Sub new_planet computes a stable roughly circular orbit. Look at the code after "if not drag". The velocity you want is sqrt(GM/dist) with direction perpendicular to radius line to sun, which the following lines distribute to x and y components. Note the interesting fact about planetary dynamics: this velocity is independent of the mass of the planet (or in your case spaceship), as long as the mass is very much smaller than the mass of the central sun.

Chuck

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: Jul 05, 2015, 01:46 AM »
Here is today's build. I ended up putting two gravity wells in the system. I put a new wrecked ship type orbiting the two wells. Orbiting farther out are a bunch of asteroids. You have to go in and use your tractor beams to tow the wreck through the jump gate to your home system where you can salvage it. Sorry no prize in the ship yet. Took me all day to get this far.

Thanks for the help John. Everything just fell into orbit.

-Chuck
« Last Edit: Jul 08, 2015, 09:42 PM by Chuck »

zakerytclarke

« Reply #23 on: Jul 05, 2015, 02:52 PM »
I played this build. It has many bugs. There is only one gravity well, but the portal looks like a black hole. My tracker beam was unable to hold the ship for very long. And the asteroids and ship constantly flickered out leaving me a blank screen,

Chuck

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: Jul 05, 2015, 04:55 PM »
It sounds like you re-entered an old XN8 Save game. Try loading the Sigma.sav game from above. You have to start playing before you enter XN8 for the first time. (and it's still a work in progress) But it works fine if you start the game before you enter XN8.

Family stuff today. I'll be back tomorrow.

-Chuck

Chuck

• Global Moderator
« Reply #25 on: Jul 08, 2015, 09:36 PM »
Below is attached the latest build with the new XN8 zone completed. Warning, there is currently no reward for completing the zone. That will be the next thing, add a reward. But, I think it is fun and fairly difficult. Oh, this zone is repeatable so you can always go back later and get the reward. I might have to put in a random drop for this zone to give you a reason to play it more than once.

-Chuck
« Last Edit: Jul 10, 2015, 03:35 AM by Chuck »

Chuck

• Global Moderator
« Reply #26 on: Jul 10, 2015, 03:36 AM »
This expansion is now live as of Version 1.1. Thanks for all the input. I had a lot of fun developing this expansion to Space.

-Chuck

zakerytclarke

« Reply #27 on: Jul 14, 2015, 06:43 PM »
I am a huge fan of the kinetic repulsors

Chuck

• Global Moderator
« Reply #28 on: Jul 15, 2015, 12:00 AM »
I am a huge fan of the kinetic repulsors

Thanks :) I'm taking some time right now to implement all the suggestions I've gotten so far.
« Last Edit: Jul 15, 2015, 12:04 AM by Chuck »

EvelynDoobe

next aquo
« Reply #29 on: Oct 31, 2019, 08:38 PM »
Just a reminder, if I may Mods, that the Fair is next Sunday, the 11th at the usual place in Romsey.