Mintoris Forum

Author Topic: Space 1.1.1  (Read 2580 times)

Chuck

• Global Moderator
Space 1.1.1
« on: Jul 17, 2015, 06:20 PM »
I released Space 1.1.1 the other day. It should be available to everyone. There are a bunch of UI improvements, along with lots of fixes. I played many games from start to finish just looking for anything amiss. Turns out 1.1 had a lot of bugs. It all seems stable now. I adjusted the difficulty of XNM. There were some problems in the calculation of hit points. For some people XNM was very easy, while others found it impossible.

Now, I will continue to add content. I don't know if I mentioned this before, but Mintoris Space can be expanded up to 46656 star systems.

-Chuck
« Last Edit: Jul 18, 2015, 09:17 PM by Chuck »

zakerytclarke

Re: Space 1.1.1
« Reply #1 on: Jul 18, 2015, 08:48 PM »
That is a large amount of star systems

Chuck

• Global Moderator
Re: Space 1.1.1
« Reply #2 on: Jul 18, 2015, 09:08 PM »
Yeah, and at the rate I am creating new systems it will take me about 894 years to populate them all :)  I don't have a level editor either. I could make one that laid out the position of structures and ships in the system, but since it is a full simulation, all the AI is written in Java. Each system has it' s own "Story Arc" (written in Java). The Arc governs all the action that takes place. It all takes time.
« Last Edit: Jul 18, 2015, 09:11 PM by Chuck »

EvelynDoobe

Space 1 1 1
« Reply #3 on: Oct 17, 2019, 05:49 PM »
Hey Rog how many Space Quest games do you own now? And if you are still having problem how to get sprite right maybe I can help you with that. But I need to know wich sprite you need to have, ok pal.

EvelynDoobe

Space 1 1 1
« Reply #4 on: Oct 24, 2019, 01:36 AM »
I congratulate, magnificent idea and it is duly

Aurorajal

Space 1 1 1
« Reply #5 on: Dec 13, 2019, 03:25 PM »
The Roger sprites used in that SQ2 demo were the same sprites from Space Quest 1 VGA, before Roger puts on the suit of course. Not sure where you can get them but if you can find SCIV Decoder and you have Windows 98, just use that and print screen his walking animations, too complicated? Wait for SCI VGA to officially come out.