Author Topic: SMS  (Read 2671 times)
mau707

SMS
« on: Jan 11, 2013, 09:57 AM »

Is possible send sms with basic?
Chuck
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: Jan 11, 2013, 12:48 PM »

Not at the moment. SMS is on my todo list when I get past these next few big upgrades.

-Chuck
zakeryclarke

I think therefore I am.

« Reply #2 on: Mar 16, 2014, 06:43 AM »

I know its been posted on the forum before, but I thought I'd elaborate on it. Would it be easy to implement a SMS and email service? I was hoping you would be able to view incoming emails. I also wish you could view incoming texts and send them from the app. This would be very useful for creating automated email or phone servers. Could google voice be supported? Thanks

<ZAK>
memi205

« Reply #3 on: Jul 02, 2014, 07:21 PM »

SMS in Basic will be great...

Do you know if you will make it soon ?

Michel
zakerytclarke

« Reply #4 on: Aug 11, 2014, 05:27 AM »

I have found a way to implement this functionality using a Google Voice Api. This would, however, require you to  have a Gmail and register your number with Google Voice. Does anyone have an interest in this?
Chuck
Global Moderator

« Reply #5 on: Sep 18, 2014, 03:51 PM »

SMS has changed in Android 4.4. This means that if I add SMS now it will only work on Android 4.4 and higher. Also, now, only one app can receive a new SMS_DELIVER_ACTION intent, which the system broadcasts when a new SMS message arrives. Which app receives this broadcast is determined by which app the user has selected as the default SMS app in system settings. Other apps that only want to read new messages can instead receive the SMS_RECEIVED_ACTION broadcast intent when a new SMS arrives. However, only the app that receives the SMS_DELIVER_ACTION broadcast (the user-specified default SMS app) is able to write to the SMS Provider.

This means that you would need to set Mintoris Basic as your default SMS program. I don't think this is very practical since your normal SMS app would stop working. I could put in the ability to monitor SMS messages, but then you would not be able to send messages.

-Chuck
zakerytclarke

« Reply #6 on: Sep 18, 2014, 10:03 PM »

I still have an interest in this. I've always wanted to make a texting server, but its been hard to implement.
bigshots1995

« Reply #7 on: Feb 29, 2016, 02:31 AM »

I have an interest in this function.  Even just for sending sms.  I have an application that needs to send SMS to thousands of clients.
Mintoris is great for creating APK for my programs.   Great job Chuck.
zakerytclarke

« Reply #8 on: Feb 29, 2016, 09:01 AM »

Twilio has a good compstible api that would work with mintoris basic.
Chuck
Global Moderator

« Reply #9 on: Feb 29, 2016, 09:05 AM »

Google is actively discouraging use of SMS by anyone but the messaging app. I really don't want to cross Google on this issue.
bigshots1995

« Reply #10 on: Apr 03, 2017, 06:50 PM »

We can temporarily use Mintoris as SMS primary app then change back to Messenger after the function app sends the messages.  It may require permissions but at least the function works.
Chuck
Global Moderator

« Reply #11 on: Apr 07, 2017, 08:49 AM »

I'll look into it once I get everything else working in version 8. It might be Ver 8.1 or 8.2 before I get to it.
bigshots1995

« Reply #12 on: Jul 05, 2017, 12:43 AM »

Any update to SMS function?  I really need this for my app. 
zakerytclarke

« Reply #13 on: Jul 05, 2017, 01:39 AM »

Bigshot, I would suggest using rfo basic for sms. Works pretty well for me
bigshots1995

« Reply #14 on: Jul 08, 2017, 01:33 AM »

@promet.  i've tried rfo 6 years ago but it can't read my  csv files to automate sms bulks sending.  Sms.send functionality would be enough for me.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: