Mintoris

Author Topic: Second Life - Mintoris Virtual Reality User Interface  (Read 249 times)

Mintoris

• Administrator
If anyone uses Second Life and would like to participate in a virtual reality UI experiment, please send me your SL contact info and when you will be in VR. I don't know, Second Life is a full 3D virtual world. What sets this "game" apart is that it's a fully open VR operating system. Meaning that the user is permitted to actually write code that becomes part of the VR world. Their VR language is fairly well supported, resembles Java and C++ and includes network communications (very important).

I've been researching this as well as all the amazing cloud api's available. I can't even begin to list all the possibilities that have opened up, all because of what I learned coding the Dropbox and Google Drive modules of the new interface.

If you haven't ever used Second Life, I would urge you, goto https://secondlife.com/ and sign up. This is prob going to look silly on the surface, but please try this. This is all free!  After you download the Second Life browser and create an account, there is a 15 min tutorial to show you how to move around and control your avatar. After that I can bring you to my work room and we can start working together in a whole new way.

Please have an open mind about this. Once we are in VR I can show and tell you what I have planned. You can contact Stilguard directly in Second Life. This is going to be wild.

-Chuck

Mintoris

• Administrator
Re: Second Life - Mintoris Virtual Reality User Interface
« Reply #1 on: Aug 10, 2018, 12:00 AM »
If you insist on remaining in 2D, bookmark the links below. These are shared documents that you can read and improve. You can help develop this thing that I can't fully describe yet.

Mintoris Virtual User Interface

General Discussion Whiteboard

Mintoris Todo List