Mintoris

Author Topic: graphics with slow devices and/or Android 8.0 (Oreo)  (Read 203 times)

Charlie

graphics with slow devices and/or Android 8.0 (Oreo)
« on: Jun 29, 2018, 08:09 AM »
I've had my Prague Clock program (I've shared on this site) running on a cheap tablet ($50 from Walmart), which I assume has a slow processor. Many times when I first start that program the Scale function does not take effect and the circles, etc. show up huge and don't fit on the screen (low resolution at that); a "Restart" usually fixes it. Other of my programs sometimes start the first time with the graphics scrampled; it's not much of a problem there, as I usually just run the clock program and let it run all day.

These graphics problems hadn't been happening on my Samsung Galaxy S7, until Android was upgraded from version 7 (nougat) to version 8.0 (Oreo). Now, quite often when running my Day Map Alarm program (on this site also) the map and other graphics come up scrambled and I have to Restart just like I have to on the slower device.

Is there something that can make the graphics more robust so they will withstand machines that are now too slow for their operating systems? Since they work correctly on Restart, some condition must be different and possibly that could be made to exist on first try.

Mintoris

• Administrator
Re: graphics with slow devices and/or Android 8.0 (Oreo)
« Reply #1 on: Jun 30, 2018, 08:49 AM »
This issue will be resolved in version 8. In the mean time, try putting a wait 500 after the graphics on command.