Mintoris

Author Topic: What's new in version 8?  (Read 891 times)

FabianClub

What's new in version 8?
« on: Oct 08, 2017, 08:21 AM »
Hi, Chuck.
I keep making applications and games with the wonderful Mintoris Basic.

Is there any news of version 8?
Are you advancing with your development? Or will you no longer submit any updates?
Thank you very much for your work!

Chuck

• Global Moderator
Re: What's new in version 8?
« Reply #1 on: Oct 09, 2017, 10:04 PM »
I am just now beginning to think about this next year's development. It's clear to me now that the Version 8 upgrade is a 2 year project. Or 2 half years. This is the time of year when I usually begin work for the winter months. I think I've always been shooting for Halloween.

I am planning to open up alpha testing as soon as I get back to work. There is a lot of version 8 that is not working yet, but there is a great deal that is working. Alpha testing will be by invitation only, but if I've seen you post here I'll just let you in. If you want to be an alpha tester you will have to agree to a back and forth development cycle at least in the area of Mintoris that interests you.

Chuck

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: Jan 17, 2018, 03:13 PM »
I've started working on version 8 again as I'm sure you know. Things are going a little slow as things come back up to speed. Alpha testing has begun. Currently there is about a half dozen people in the alpha testing group and they are suffering thru the last few bugs of a full language rewrite. Once we work out these startup problems I'll start to post more about the new Basic. If we can even call it Basic anymore. It's a language that supports legacy Basic, but now inherits the best features of many of the most popular programming languages. Coming from version 7 it will be very liberating.

Oh, if you want join the alpha group and start checking my claims, just send your gmail address to support@mintoris.com and ask to join. I'll send you the info. Remember these are early days of testing and not everything is working yet. And, if you are in the alpha testing group, please post about some of your more positive results.

-Chuck

Chuck

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: Jan 17, 2018, 07:59 PM »
I've just moved my correspondences with sraffens to the Version 8 Alpha Dev group board so you can review them. These posts were made as we did the primary language development last year. They also give a lot of insight into the new language and the development process.

-Chuck

OksanaShikAdubs

Whats new in version 8
« Reply #4 on: Jul 03, 2018, 08:52 AM »
There are tons of upgrade possibilities with the TNT.  Search the forum for previous suggestions and post a picture of your new table for specific suggestions.

Chuck

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: Jul 14, 2018, 03:59 PM »
I remember every suggestion I read and keep them in mind as I re-write the relavent section.