login

register

Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Problem with the working of the Forum, not the Basic app.  (Read 276 times)
Charlie

« on: Jul 15, 2017, 05:51 AM »

Yesterday when trying to post less than 5 minutes after my previous post, I waited the requisite time and went back to the post, and retried posting it, but the Forum said I had already done so.  I had to get out and rewrite the post, as it was not actually posted previously.

Problem 2: Today I added an attached file before typing my message.  I typed the message and asked for a preview, the preview said no files were chosen, so I attached it again. When the message was posted it had the same file attached twice.
zakerytclarke

« Reply #1 on: Jul 15, 2017, 10:32 AM »

I've had the same problem numerous times. And it's impossible to post files within the app and it's always glitchy. The forum can be very frustrating!
Chuck
Global Moderator

« Reply #2 on: Jul 15, 2017, 10:39 AM »

Sorry about these problems. I didn't write the forum, It's just software I use. Not really much I can do about it.
Charlie

« Reply #3 on: Jul 23, 2017, 08:03 AM »

People should also know that if one downloads an attached text file directly to an Android device, rather than to a Windows device and then transfer to Android, that extraneous carriage returns (or blank lines) are inserted between each existing line of the file. This led to a long wonderment by Harold and me as to why features of the Prague Astronomical Clock Simulation program were not working.

So don't directly download text files from this forum to Android; go through a Windows computer (I don't know about Macs). From there I usually use Google Drive to transfer to my Android devices; that works.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: